No. 24 Bamishile Street, Off Allen Avenue, Ikeja, Lagos.
- Classroom Courses
Sorry there are no videos yet
Project Management Professional.
Project management professional is one of the hottest careers in the world today. Project managers with proven skills and experience can find exciting, high-visibility opportunities in a wide range of fields. Effective project management isn’t about “putting out fires.” To be a successful project manager, you need to practice a standards-based approach to project management on a consistent basis to ensure that you complete projects on time, within budget, and at the promised quality. This course is specifically designed to provide you with the proven, practical body of project management knowledge and skills that you need to demonstrate project management mastery on the job. Additionally, this course can be a significant part of your preparation for the Project Management Professional (PMP®) Certification Exam. The skills and knowledge you gain in this course will help you avoid making costly mistakes and increase your competitive edge in the project management profession.
TRAINING DATES / COURSE OVERVIEW
Course Method and Materials
Training Pack Contains:
- Customized training materials (Books, Slides and CBTs)
- Microsoft Project software and training
- PMP exam prep materials
- Certificate of completion
- PMP simulated exams
- PMBOK guide 8th Edition
The course is delivered using a balanced combination of video, presentation, workshops and discussion sessions. The workshops and discussions are focused on putting into practice the techniques covered in the presentation and video. The workshops are used extensively to reinforce learning and to contribute to the development of understanding.
What delegates will gain from the course
Discuss the phases of the Project Management Life Cycle and a project manager’s role in each phase.
List and discuss basic project success criteria and common reasons for project failure.
Discuss techniques for setting up a strong project team.
List and discuss elements of a Risk Management Plan.
Discuss techniques for planning and sequencing project activities, including the Work Breakdown structure and the Network Logic Diagram.
Identify the Critical Path for completing a project on schedule.
List and discuss the cost elements that should be included in a project budget.
Discuss techniques for controlling for deviation from budgets and schedules.
Discuss key elements of project management communications and reporting tools.
Discuss key activities of project close-out.
Lesson 1 – INITIATING A PROJECT
- Select a Project.
The Nature of Projects.
The Project Life Cycle Project Management Processes.
Project Management Process Group Interactions.
Initiation Project Selection Criteria.
Project Evaluation Techniques.
Project Selection Decision Models.
- Create a Project Charter.
Project Manager Selection Criteria.
Lesson 2 – PLANNING YOUR WORK
- Develop an Initial Project Plan.
Project Plan Development.
- Create a Scope Statement.
Scope Management Plan.
- Develop a Work Breakdown Structure (WBS).
The Work Breakdown Structure (WBS).
Code of Accounts.
Lesson 3 – DEVELOPING PROJECT SCHEDULES, COST ESTIMATES, AND BUDGETS
- Create an Activity List.
- create a Project Network Diagram.
Project Network Diagrams.
Conditional Diagramming Methods.
- Acquire Activity Duration Estimates.
Activity Duration Estimating.
Analogous Estimating Technique.
- Identify the Critical Path.
Standard Diagramming Notations.
The Critical Path.
- Develop a Project Schedule.
Schedule Management Plan.
- Determine Resource Requirements.
- Estimate Project Costs.
Analogous Estimating Technique.
Parametric Modeling Estimating Technique.
Bottom-up Estimating Technique.
- Establish a Cost Baseline.
Cost Assignment Methods.
Lesson 4 – PLANNING PROJECT QUALITY, STAFFING, AND COMMUNICATIONS.
- Create a Quality Management Plan.
Cost of Quality.
Standards and Regulations.
Design of Experiments.
- Document Roles, Responsibilities, and Reporting Relationships.
Staffing Management Plan.
Responsibility Assignment Matrix (RAM).
- Assign Project Staff.
Staff Acquisition Methods.
- Create a Communications Management Plan.
Lesson 5 – ANALYZING RISKS AND PLANNING RISK RESPONSE.
- Create a Risk Management Plan.
Risk Management Planning.
Decision-making and Risk.
- Identify Project Risks and Triggers.
- Perform Qualitative Risk Analysis.
Qualitative Risk Analysis.
Data Precision Ranking.
Probability/Impact Risk Rating Matrix.
Project Risk Ranking.
- Perform Quantitative Risk Analysis.
Quantitative Risk Analysis.
Decision Tree Analysis.
- Develop a Risk Response Plan.
Lesson 6 – PLANNING PROJECT PROCUREMENT
- Prepare a Statement of Work.
- Prepare a Procurement Document.
Lesson 7 – WORKING THE PLAN.
- Execute the Project Plan.
Project Plan Execution.
Work Authorization System.
Status Review Meetings.
Project Management Information System (PMIS).
- Implement Quality Assurance.
- Develop the Project Team.
Reward and Recognition System.
- Distribute Project Information.
- Solicit Proposals, Quotes, or Bids.
- Select a Seller.
- Administer a Contract.
Contract Change Requests.
Lesson 8 – CONTROLLING THE PROJECT.
- Manage Changes to Performance Baselines.
Integrated Change Control.
Change Control System.
- Review Deliverables and Work Results.
- Control Project Scope Changes.
Scope Change Control.
- Control the Project Schedule.
Earned Value Management (EVM).
Schedule Performance Measurement.
Schedule Variance Schedule Performance Index (SPI).
- Control Project Costs.
Cost Variance (CV).
Cost Performance Index (CPI).
Estimate at Completion (EAC).
- Control Project Quality.
Causes of Variance.
- Report Project Performance.
- Monitor and Control Project Risk.
Risk Monitoring and Control.
Project Risk Response Audit.
Lesson 9 – CLOSING THE PROJECT
- Obtain Formal Acceptance.
- Close out a Contract.
- Expert Instructor-Led Training
Our Courseware uses only the industry’s finest instructors. They have a minimum of 15 years real-world experience and are subject matter experts in their fields.
- Visual Demonstrations & Multimedia Presentations
Our courseware includes instructor-led demonstrations and visual presentations that allow students to develop their skills based on real world scenarios explained by the instructor. Our Courseware always focuses on real world scenarios and skill-set development.
- Quizzes & Exam Simulators
Our custom practice exams prepare you for your exams differently and more effectively than the traditional exam preps on the market. You will have practice quizzes after each module to ensure you are confident on the topic you have completed before proceeding.
This will allow you to gauge your effectiveness before moving to the next module in your course. These exams are on average 100 questions to ensure you are 100% prepared before taking your certification exam.
- Social Learning & Networking
WHO SHOULD ATTEND ?
This course is for Everyone with an interest in taking the course as it relates to management.
|April||10 – 14||8, 9, 15, 16|
|May||1 – 5||6, 7, 13, 14|
|June||12 – 16||3, 4, 10, 11|
|July||3 – 7||8, 9, 15, 16|
|August||14 – 18||12, 13, 19, 20|
|September||4 – 8||9, 10, 16, 17|
|October||9 – 13||7, 8, 14, 15|
|November||6 – 10||4, 5, 11, 12|
|December||11 – 15||2, 3, 9, 10|
|January||15 – 19||6, 7, 13, 14|
|February||5 – 9||3, 4, 10, 11|
|March||12 – 16||3, 4, 10, 11|
Our trainers are highly qualified, certified and seasoned experts, committed to providing high-end trainings, and have trained hundreds of students and professionals coming from across the world.
Fee: NGN 60,000
Venue: No. 24 Bamishile Street, Off Allen Avenue, Ikeja, Lagos.
- December 2, 2017 @ 9:00AM - 4:00PM
- December 3, 2017 @ 9:00AM - 4:00PM
- December 9, 2017 @ 9:00AM - 4:00PM
- December 10, 2017 @ 9:00AM - 4:00PM
- December 11, 2017 @ 9:00AM - 4:00PM
- December 12, 2017 @ 9:00AM - 4:00PM
- December 13, 2017 @ 9:00AM - 4:00PM
- December 14, 2017 @ 9:00AM - 4:00PM
- December 15, 2017 @ 9:00AM - 4:00PM