210 New Kings Road, Fulham, London SW6 4NZ, UK
- Classroom Courses
Sorry there are no videos yet
Please note our course prices are in British pounds. This course costs £3000 for a one week course and £4,300 for a 2 week course. Payments may be made in alternative currencies to British Pounds locally, and the current rate of exchange will be advised at the time of payment. For more information on this course, please call us on +44 20 3266 1001.
This course gives comprehensive coverage of key skills and knowledge required for effective project management of engineering and construction. It will provide a presentation and discussion of modern project management principles and practices as they relate to design, procurement, construction activities, maintenance and upgrade turnarounds at facilities in the oil and gas industry.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
The course is aimed at those who are moving towards, or already have, senior responsibility for projects. Specifically this would include those delegates who have previously developed considerable experience. They may have commenced as project engineers, construction supervisors, and project leaders who have increased their knowledge of the management of projects and wish to develop as project directors, sponsors and champions.
Delegates will gain knowledge and skills to:
• Understand an introduction to project management framework
• Identify the four stages of project management
• Define project phases and execute them skilfully
• Develop control tools and progress report cards
• Use extensive checklists to make sure all project deliverables are addressed
• Apply project management skills to your current projects
• Utilise project management software as an effective tool
• Develop sustainable, repeatable knowledge management for projects
• Understand the life cycle and phases of a project and the roles of a project manager
• Carry out a project appraisal and establish the project’s potential financial objectives
• Review the deliverables from a Project Execution Plan, particularly from a construction viewpoint
• Identify and assess major and minor risk factors that can affect the achievement of objectives for the project
• Understand the procurement and contract issues that critically affect project success
• Explore the major issues in Stakeholder Analysis and Management
- October 17, 2015 @ 9.00 - 5.00