3, Faramobi Ajike Street, Off Bush Street, Anthony Village, Lagos
- Classroom Courses
Sorry there are no videos yet
This course aims to provide participants with a thorough understanding of how to build a robust financial model from start to finish. Calculations cover revenues, operating and maintenance costs, capital expenditure, depreciation, debt and equity financing and taxation, leading to the build-up of integrated financial statements for the entity in question. The model is dynamic in nature, with the ability to run different scenarios and adjust the timing of key events.
During the course, participants also gain an insight into how to tailor the outputs of the model to end users, interpret the results and run sensitivities, as well as perform some degree of testing to reduce the incidence of modelling errors.
The course utilises tried and tested modeling approaches adopted by EY practitioners worldwide.
The techniques covered aim to produce models that are flexible, robust, transparent and use-friendly in nature.
The course is highly interactive, comprising of a mix of theory, group discussions, instructor-led demonstrations and Excel-based exercises for participants to undertake.
Participants are provided with a comprehensive slide pack, an illustrations booklet covering key Excel formulae, instructions to modelling exercises and exercise solution files. These will be used during the course and will serve as valuable reference material following the course should participants wish to refresh their skills at a later date.
The course is ideal for those looking to achieve the following:
- Refresh their financial modelling skills
- Gain an understanding of leading approaches towards financial modelling, in order to build models that are robust and user friendly in nature.
- Be able to use existing models more competently, interpret the results and have greater comfort over the integrity and accuracy of the model’s calculations
The course covers:
- Cash flow modelling
- Determining debt capacity
- Developing key outputs for credit analysis
- Scenario analysis
- Guidelines for good modelling practice
- Excel tips and tricks
Financial modelling methodology
Schedule and Venue
Week-Ends: 4 days – 1 weekend (Sat/Sun) from 9.00am – 5.00pm.
Training Type: Classroom Instructor –led Training
Lagos Venue: 3, Faramobi Ajike Street, Off Bush Street, Anthony Village, Lagos
|• Financial analysis and valuation framework model• Core financial Modelling• Planning assumptions
• Structuring assumptions and scenario analysis
• Modelling and formatting best practice
• Good model structure
• Good model design
• Optimum Structure and Targeting
• Accounting methods
• Market-based methods – EPS and multiples
|• Forecasting and Equity Valuation• Forecasting Methods• Reviewing Performance and Adding a Forecast.
• Modelling with Excel
• Excel helps – Excel as a tool for financial modeling
• Modeling growth drivers, depreciation, cost drivers, asset & debt schedules
• Modelling Fixed Assest
• Completing the balance Sheet
• Cash Flow Analysis
• Adding Free Cash Flow to the Model.
• Alternative Cash Flow Valuation:
• Management Reporting and Model Review
• Building financial models best practices
• Audit Review
- December 3, 2017 @ 9:00AM - 5:00PM