Lagos State House Number 6, Obokun Street, Off Coker Road, Ilupeju, Lagos, Nigeria.
- Classroom Courses
To know and comprehend the COBIT® 5 Foundation regarding its terminology, structure, principles and basic concepts
The purpose of this training course is for the participants understand the need of an IT management and governance framework and how COBIT® resolves this need through the provision of a globally accepted IT management and governance framework.
It is suitable for the people involved in the IT management and governance effectiveness evaluation to improve their working abilities and to manage IT under the Senior management guidelines.
To explain COBIT® elements and support material in a logic and illustrative way for everyone interested in obtaining a fundamental level of knowledge of COBIT®.
To provide the participant with enough knowledge and understanding of the COBIT guide to be able to:
• To understand IT business management and governance.
• To create awareness with the business executives and IT management.
• To assess the current status of your business IT with the objective of measure which COBIT 5 aspects would be appropriate to implement.
This course is aimed to:
• Business Management
• Chief Executives
• IT Auditors
• Internal Auditors
• Information Security and IT Practitioners
• IT Management looking to gain an insight into the enterprise governance of IT and looking to be certified as a COBIT implementer or assessor
This training course has no prerequisites established which have to be accomplish before taking it, however it is recommended that the participant has knowledge of the information technology concepts.
It is also recommended that the participant acquires or reads the COBIT® 5 framework, prior course beginning. Available at http://www.isaca.org/COBIT/Pages/COBIT-5-Framework-product-page.aspx
The course has the following characteristics:
• It is structured in thematic units, each of them presents a part of the theory followed by practical exercises of review and understanding.
• The material used is in Spanish and English and includes theory, practical exercises and complementary information.
• Includes a preparation exam, prior the certification exam.
• Includes an official certification exam in English or Spanish accredited by ISACA
• An assistance certificate is delivered.
• Has a duration of 2 days.
• Has a minimum capacity of 5 and a maximum of 25 participants.
•This course delivers 16 PDUs.
The certification exam has the following characteristics:
• Includes 50 multiple choice questions.
• Has a duration of 40 minutes.
• Is a closed book exam.
• A minimum of 25 out of 50 correct answers or 50% is required to approve.
• It can be paper-based or web-based. When it is paper-based, the results will be will be notified to the participant afterwards through email. When it is web-based, the participant obtains the results the moment the exam is finished.
• The participants who don´t approve the exam can do it again, and can do it any amount of times with an extra cost.
The course topics are the following:
• The COBIT 5 Principles
• The COBIT 5 Enablers
• An Introduction to COBIT 5
• Process Capability Model
• Exam Description
• Review, Evaluation and Examination
Our instructors are certified in COBIT® and different ITSM disciplines and have an extensive experience in:
• COBIT® implementations, as much as private as in public field.
• The design and implementation of processes based on industry best practices.
• The selection, implementation and configuration of tools which support the IT processes and which are the ones of most standing and acknowledgement in the market.
• Teaching various ITSM courses in the academic and professional field.
For more information about this training course (dates, schedules, locations, costs, etc.) or any of the other ITSM training courses we offer, please contact us, we will be glad to assist you.
House Number 6,
Obokun Street, Off Coker Road,
Ilupeju, Lagos, Nigeria.
TELEPHONE: (234) 802 3247 883, 0701 3284 040